Established since 1901 at an exceptional location, Cluny Abbey, the Arts et Métiers campus has forged its reputation in three fields of expertise: high-speed machining, the wood industry and digital modelling and virtual imaging. Relying on two research laboratories , the LaBoMaP (Laboratoire Bourguignon des Matériaux et Procédés) and the Laboratoire d’Ingénierie des Systèmes Physiques et Numériques (LISPEN) /Institut Image, it benefits from a concentration if technical and human resources in the fields of materials, design and manufacturing and production processes.
Regional and international partnerships
The campus forges close relations on several levels. It is a member of the Polytechnicum Bourgogne Franche-Comté Association, which brings universities together around common objectives: to create development projects for students and to promote the transfer of knowledge and experience.
The European and international projects form the basis of exchanges between the school and its foreign partners. The Cluny campus maintains close ties with around ten universities in central and eastern Europe, the Maghreb and the United States. A double degree is offered to engineering students in partnership with five of the best polytechnic universities of central and eastern Europe:
- Hungary: University of Technology and Economics Budapest, BME
- Poland: Polytechnic University of Lodz
- Czech Republic: Brno University of Technology
- Romania: Polytechnic University of Bucharest; Polytechnic University of Timisoara; Technical University of Cluj; Transilvania University of Brașov
- Russia: Bauman Moscow State Technical University
A message from the Director
"The expertise of the Campus covers three areas: wood, materials and machining. The more closely the needs of industrial, the research activities are conducted in a logic of recovery. High-speed, high-precision machining accuracy, one of our priorities, is one of the challenges of the factory of the future. In respect of wood, we are responding to the expectations of industry by working on the entire wood transformation cycle. The Wood hall, which was inaugurated in November 2016, brings all our equipment and skills together in a hall of more than 1,000 m2 for the benefit of our business partners and their expectations in terms of experimentation and characterisation. As a sign of the dynamism of the research, the innovations developed in recent years have led to several business start-ups. » Michel Jauzein, Cluny campus Director.
- General Engineering: three fields of expertise in the 3rd year – Wood: material, process and construction; Digital model and virtual immersion; Factory of the future: from prototyping to UGV (PROTeUS).
- Research master's: Management of interactive technologies (MTI3D), Engineering of Materials and Surfaces (IMS)
address and contact
CAMPUS ARTS ET MÉTIERS DE CLUNY
Rue Porte de Paris - 71250 CLUNY
Tél. : 33 (0)3 85 59 53 53
Getting to the campus : plan